Six short pilot actions were prepared for the BioPAD project to highlight different issues and impediments to development of the sector along the bioenergy supply chain. The objective was to help find solutions to issues along the bioenergy supply chain for suppliers, support services and users.
Advice was provided to six pilot businesses on potential resolutions for their problems and strategies for the development of their enterprises by specialist bioenergy consultants. They provided information, advice and support to each pilot action client and prepared a short report on each describing the barriers to growth and options for overcoming them. More general learnings and options for tackling obstacles in bioenergy supply chains also formed part of each of the reports.
A BioPAD goal is to ensure that the advice and learnings from these projects is accessible to others in the bioenergy supply chain and that the advice is shared widely. The pilot action report aims to do this.
The report addresses the following issues:
- Converting a working animal feed mill to a wood pellet plant
- Large Building Upgrading/Replacing Biomass System
- Selling Heat from a log gasifier boiler
- Hotel Remote from Regular Supplies of fuel
- Teething Issues with a new Woodchip Boiler
- Haulage Firm Expanding into Wood Energy
You can see the pilot action report here: BioPAD Supply Chain Pilot Actions Final 23.09.14