The Northern Periphery Programme Project BioPAD is to be formally launched by Mr Jim Higgins, MEP in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, Ireland on Thursday 10th of October.
The Launch will be followed by a Bioenergy Workshop highlighting the work of BioPAD, the roles and experiences of the associate partners and the case studies which are integral to the project.
Full details are below along with details of how to register and how to find out more about BioPAD.
BioPAD International Project Launch & Bioenergy Workshop at the Mount Errigal Hotel, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, Thursday 10th October, 2013, 09.15 – 13.30
09.15 Introduction to BioPAD by Lead Partner, Western Development Commission
09.30 Welcome by Mr. Paddy McGuinness, Chairperson, Western Development Commission
09.40 Launch of BioPAD by Mr. Jim Higgins, M.E.P.
Chair: Dr. Helen McHenry – BioPAD Project Coordinator, Western Development Commission
10.00 Bioenergy Workshop Welcome and Introduction – Mr. Ian Brannigan, Head of Regional Development, Western Development Commission
10.10 Policy and Actions for Driving the Development of Bioenergy – Mr. Michael Doran, Director, Action Renewables
10.25 Understanding Bioenergy Supply Chains: A structured approach – Mr. Robert Prinz, Researcher, The Finnish Forestry Institute, Metla
10.45 Associate Partner Experiences
- Bioenergy from Anaerobic Digestion: How can it be developed in Ireland? – Mr. Padraic O’Neill, Chairperson of the Anaerobic Digestion Group, Irish Bioenergy Association
- Bioenergy and Measurement Technology Development in Kainuu Region – Ms. Merja Rautiainen, Technology Expert, Measurepolis
- Developing Bioenergy in Donegal: A local government approach – Mr. Micheál Ó hÉanaigh, Director of Services, Donegal County Council
11.30 – 11.50 Tea / Coffee break
11.50 Case Studies
- Supplying Heat from Local Wood: The cooperative model – Mr. John Jackson, Chairperson, Donegal Woodland Owners Society
- ‘District Heating: Learning the hard way’ and ‘Anaerobic Digestion for Waste Management’ –two bioenergy approaches – Dr. Neil James, Researcher, Environmental Research Institute, Scotland
- Examples of Finland’s Successful Use of Wood Biomass – Mr. Mikko Nivala, Researcher, The Finnish Forestry Institute, Metla
- Additional case study to be confirmed
13.00 BioPAD – getting involved! – Dr. Kenneth Boyd, Senior Research Fellow, Environmental Research Institute, Scotland
13.05 Questions and Discussion
Register your interest in attending via email to email@example.com or by phone to the WDC offices at +353 94 986 1881. Closing date for registration is Thursday 3rd October 2013. While this event is free of charge, numbers are limited so registration is required.
For additional information on the BioPAD Project visit www.biopad.eu